The online-seminar takes place daily from 09:00 a.m. till 02:45 p.m. CEST
Professor Dr.-Ing. Dr. h.c. Dieter Senk
Steel is the no 1 material in the world of technology. About 96% of all the total steel production is cast continuously. Automobiles, machines and countless parts of daily live are made of steel. New and innovative high-performance steel grades are created and combine several properties on a high level of quality. Plant design and casting processes are continuously developed.
This seminar introduces continuous casting technology. It provides the basic understanding of the process, its components and its metallurgy. Target Group: Engineers, operating personnel, planning and construction, quality department, students, machine suppliers. Also suitable for non-metallurgists
- Basic Concepts
- Technology of Continuous Casting
- Solidification and Temperatures
- Strand Mechanics
- Casting Fluxes
€ 640,00* // € 690,00 VAT-free
* for employees of member companies and individual members of the Steel Institute VDEh. Scientific staff of universities gets a 50 % off. Also 50 % discount for each additional participant from the same company.
+++ as part of the VDEh youth development sponsorship also young engineers (up to 35 years)
of member companies receive a 50 % discount +++
Cancellation free of charge is not possible after receiving of the log-in data.
Steel Academy / Steel Institute VDEh
Mr Stefan Eigen
40237 Düsseldorf, Germany
Fon +49 211 6707 -458
Fax +49 211 6707 -655
Online Seminar Concept
The Steel Academy attaches great importance to the audio-visual quality of its online seminars.
This seminar will be broadcast as a live-stream from Steel Academy’s film studio in Dusseldorf –
with high quality camera, microphone and lighting. In the picture will be shown the speaker and his presentation.
Online seminar - how does it work?
- 2-3 days before seminar’s starting you receive an e-mail with a link and a password
- the link leads you to the streaming platform vimeo.com
- you log in with the password
- we recommend using earphones, LAN or good WLAN
- 2 days, approx. 5 to 6 hours from 9:00 a.m. to 2:45 p.m. CET Berlin time
- Before seminar’s starting the participant can download the presentations as a pdf